GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR B97 AND HOOSIER COUNTRY
1.The following are General Contest Rules governing contests and promotions on Artistic Media Partners, Inc. B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY Bloomington, IN. Please note, some contests and promotions may include additional rules applicable to a specific contest. If you have any questions please contact us.
2. B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY contests are generally open for participation only by listeners residing in the stations’ service area (including the counties of Monroe, Morgan, Greene, Owen, Brown, Lawrence, Jackson, Bartholomew, and Johnson).
3. Only one person per household may win a prize in any contest or promotion during any given 30-day period.
4. Contests and promotions are not open to Artistic Media Partners, Inc.’s employees, it’s subsidiaries or agents, employees of co-sponsoring participants in various contests, employee’s and co-sponsor’s immediate families, employee’s and co-sponsor’s household members, prior Artistic Media Partners or sponsor employees, and all other radio broadcast, television, electronic or print industry employees.
5. Contests on B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY require no purchase.
6. Participation in any contest or promotion constitutes permission of all contestants and winner for B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY and participating sponsors to publicize and/or broadcast the contestant’s name, image, photograph, character, likeness, voice, entry and the fact that he/she participated in and/or won the contest. There will be no additional compensation. Certain prizes may be mailed to winners at the discretion of Artistic Media Partners, Inc. with no prior arrangements or approval. No date sensitive prizes, weighed prizes or cash value prizes will be mailed. Artistic Media Partners is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
7. Prizes must be picked up at the station during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm - excluding Holidays) within 2 weeks of winning or prize will be forfeited.
8. When the winner(s) of a contest or promotion are determined by a random drawing, odds of winning are determined by the eligible number of entries.
9. When a contest or promotion requires on-site registration, all entries must be completed, by hand, at the registration point. Entry blanks may not be removed from the registration site and returned later. Participants may enter once per event. Anyone found entering more than once will be disqualified.
10. If entry is required in any contest or promotion, all entries must be received by the specified entry deadline.
11. All contest participants must be at least 18 years of age or in some cases 21 years of age. If a minor wins a B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY contest or promotion, the prize may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
12. Valid state identification (ex. Driver’s License) is required to claim a prize or participate in any contest or promotion on B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY. In order to claim prize(s), winners will be required to show proof of identity and may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility release/prize acceptance form and a W-9 tax form. Noncompliance within 10 business days of prize(s) being awarded may result in winner’s disqualification or an alternate winner being selected.
13. Contestants must use their true, legal name and address when participating in a B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY contest or promotion. Failure to provide accurate contestant information will result in the individual being disqualified and all prize(s) forfeited.
14. B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY may, at its discretion, designate judges for each contest or promotion. In the absence of a specific judge named for any contest or promotion, the Program Director or Promotions Director of B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY will serve as contest judge. These contest judges will determine the winner(s) in all contests and promotions. All decisions made by the designated judges are final. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by all contest rules and the decisions of the judges.
15. B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY, Artistic Media Partners, Inc., and contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible or postage-due/mail entries, telephone system or equipment failures, telephone line or technical problems, misdialing, human errors or acts of God.
16. Unless otherwise specified, all entries become the sole property of B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY and Artistic Media Partners, Inc. and will not be returned or acknowledged.
17. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be transferred or assigned. No substitutions or cash awards in lieu of prizes are allowed. Participants waive any and all claims of liability against Artistic Media Partners, Inc., B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY, contest sponsors, their affiliates, employees, agents, their families and members of their households from any accident, loss, and/or injury occurring as a result or consequence of contestants' participation in contests or promotions and/or winners' acceptance or use of prizes awarded such contests and promotions.
18. Artistic Media Partners, Inc., and B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY reserve the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value.
19. Winners assume any and all tax liabilities that may be applicable and related to claiming of prizes over a certain value. In other words, contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
20. Artistic Media Partners, Inc. and B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY, and/or participating sponsors, will issue a 1099 tax form for all prizes valued at $600.00 or more, including multiple cash prizes to the same winner adding up to $600.00 or more over the course of a given year. By claiming prize(s), winner agrees to accept the estimate of fair market value placed on prize(s) by B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY and Artistic Media Partners, Inc., and/or participating sponsors.
21. When prize consists of admission to a concert or ticketed event and the event is postponed, rained out or cancelled, B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY and Artistic Media Partners, Inc. and/or participating sponsors will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
22. Winner(s) are solely responsible for insurance (when required), other prize-related expenses as may be specified, gratuities, and all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
23. Winner's names and copies of contest rules are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY Contest Rules, P.O. Box 7797, Bloomington, IN 47407, or, can be picked up at the B97/HOOSIER COUNTRY offices located at 304 South State Road 446, Bloomington, IN 47401 during normal business hours.
24. Additional rules may be applicable for certain contests.
25. These rules may be changed, modified and/or altered at any time without prior notice.